The Global Internet Governance Academic Network (GigaNet) is seeking submissions of research about Internet Governance to be presented at the Fifth GigaNet Annual Symposium, on 13 September 2010, held one day before the United Nations Internet Governance Forum (IGF), in Vilnius, Lithuania. GigaNet is a scholarly community that promotes the development of Internet Governance as a recognized, interdisciplinary field of study and facilitates informed dialogue on policy issues and related matters between scholars and governments, international organizations, the private sector and civil society. Since 2006, GigaNet has organized an Annual Symposium to showcase the research about Internet Governance, focusing on an interdisciplinary approach.
GigaNet is interested in receiving abstracts related to Internet Governance themes, especially those containing innovative approaches and/or emerging research areas related to the following topics:
1. Assessing the results, effectiveness and renewal process of the Internet Governance Forum;
2. The ICANN Affirmation of Commitment and its implications for the accountability of ICANN;
3. Policies for governing critical internet resources, such as IDNs, gTLDs, IPv4 and IPv6 addresses;
4. Intermediary responsibility in the Internet environment;
5. How copyright and trademark protection relate to Internet Governance, including new treaties such as ACTA;
6. Cyber-security and cyber-crime;
7. Implications of Internet Governance mechanisms and processes for development and developing countries;
8. Balance between openness, privacy and security from the Internet Governance perspective;
9. Innovative methods for Internet governance research;
10. Globally-applicable principles on public policy issues for Internet Governance in the context of the Tunis Agenda and Geneva Declaration of Principles;
11. Multistakeholderism in Internet Governance: stakeholders, strategies of participation and collaboration including national and regional level
Please review the entire Call for Papers for more information on requirements and evaluation process.
Interested scholars should submit abstracts of research papers no later than July 15th, 2010, through the EasyChair platform. Attending the GigaNet Annual Symposium is free of charge, although a registration process will be required close to the event. Please visit the GigaNet website or subscribe [RSS] [email] [twitter] for continued updates.